[modeleng] How daft can yuo get?

  • From: Mike Leahy <heisler9-modeleng2@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Dec 2006 21:57:06 +0000

Having read recent emails on another list re ME 4829 it made me aware that I
hadn't received my copy. Partaking of a little Xmas shopping I stopped off
at
WH Smith and lo and behold there was ME 4829 sitting on the shelf.

On returning home I telephoned the Subscription department to chase up my
missing copy (had to listen to 10 minutes of grotty Xmas jingles before said
department answered the phone) only to be told I couldn't say my magazine
was missing! Evidently, WH Smith had put the magazine on the shelf before
the official publication date and that my magazine couldn't be declared as
missing until that date arrived. They would not register my call and asked
me to ring back after the official publication date.

Have you ever heard of such a load of old cobblers?

Merry Christmas to you all.

Mike Leahy
South Ockendon, UK