[modeleng] Re: Flood victims

  • From: Pcx <pierre.courbouleix@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2004 22:10:00 +0200 (CEST)

Dear Friends,
Our hearts go out to the flood victims in Cornouaille. We do remember our
beloved victims of last year flood in Southern France.
We all are with you. God blessed them
PIerre

> Message du 17/08/04 17:20
> De : "alanjstepney"
> A : modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Copie à :
> Objet : [modeleng] Re: Flood victims
> I was in Boscastle earlier this year. A beautiful village that I have been
> to many times.
> By coincidence, it is 52 years to the day since the Lynmouth flood disaster,
> just along the coast from Boscastle.
> I saw that a few days after it happened, and seeing mud from the floods half
> way up the walls of the upstairs rooms left a lasting impression.
>
> The more recent news is,
>
> Rescuers are searching debris for victims of the flash floods which caused
> devastation in north Cornwall.
> Police divers and a body recovery team are helping search cars swept away
> when a wall of water swept through Boscastle on Monday after torrential rain
> fell.
>
> Police said 15 people remained "unaccounted for", as relatives had not been
> able to make contact with them.
>
> About 150 people were airlifted to safety by the RAF in a rescue operation
> that began mid-afternoon and lasted till 0200BST on Tuesday.
>
> Eight people were treated for minor injuries.
>
> Half of the village remained under a police cordon on Tuesday morning as
> police carried out a "sweep" of shops, residences and vehicles.
>

> If you look at
>
> http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/england/cornwall/3571844.stm
>
> there are some pictures showing the village beforehand and the devastation.
>
> The sad thing is that a 300 year old building was washed away, and I am told
> that the mill, which is even older, is in very bad condition and may need to
> be demolished.
>
> Roger Mason lives quite near but apparently only had light rain that day. I
> am not sure where Clif is, but I have an idea that he is in the south, so
> away from this area.
>
> alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
>
> www.alanstepney.info
> Model Engineering, Steam Engine, and Railway technical pages.

Pierre COURBOULEIX pierre.courbouleix@xxxxxxxxxx

This e-mail is intended for the adressee(s)only and may contain info that is
the property of, and/or subject to a confidentiality agreement between the
intended recipients.If you have received this e-mail in error, please contact
the originator of this e-mail via e-mail and delete copies from your computer
or network.
Misuse of the content of this e-mail message may violate the Laws of your
Country