[modeleng] Re: Drawings for Scamp

  • From: "R.L. Roebuck" <rlr20@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 20 Dec 2006 15:23:16 +0000 (GMT)

Hi there Philip,

If it's of any use in spurring you on, this is what a finished one should
look like...

http://www.stationroadsteam.co.uk/stock%20pages/2566/index.htm

According to the Engineering in Miniature index on page...

http://www.colinusher.info/Indexes/eimindex.html

...there are the following entries by someone who's surname is Malcolm
(see below, after my sign off), they look to span volumes 5, 6, and 7.

One thing to watch for if you do go down this route - the proper plans may
well have some of the mistakes in the articles corrected.

To clarify, I would suspect that the full plans are in the articles.

If no-one out there has a copy they can help you with, you could always
try ebay to see if anyone is selling the relevant volumes, though I would
guess you'd be talking about 20 pounds if you go down that route, once you
have added in postage and packaging.

Yours,

Rich.
Vol 5, Issue 1, June, 1983, Locomotive, Malcolm, Introduction The Frames

5, 2, July 1983, Buffer Beams and Horns Axleboxes Frame Stay

5       3       August  1983    Locomotive      Malcolm Buffers Wheels
Axles and Crankpins

5       5       October 1983    Locomotive      Malcolm Cylinders

5       6       November        1983    Locomotive      Malcolm Cylinders
Pistons and Rods Valve Chest and Cover

5       9       February        1984    Locomotive      Malcolm Eccentric
Rods Weighshaft and Reverser Valve Setting

5       10      March   1984    Locomotive      Malcolm Boiler

5       11      April   1984    Locomotive      Malcolm General
Arrangement and Frames

5       11      April   1984    Locomotive      Malcolm Boiler

5       12      May     1984    Locomotive      Malcolm Buffer Beams
buffers Stays Axleboxes

5       12      May     1984    Locomotive      Malcolm Smokebox

6       1       June    1984    Locomotive      Malcolm Wheels and
Axleboxes

6       1       June    1984    Locomotive      Malcolm Smokebox Saddle
Tank

6       2       July    1984    Locomotive      Malcolm Eccentrics
Eccentric Rods and Coupling Rods

6       2       July    1984    Locomotive      Malcolm Boiler Fittings

6       3       August  1984    Locomotive      Malcolm Cylinders

6       4       September       1984    Locomotive      Malcolm Cylinders
Crossheads

6       4       September       1984    Locomotive      Malcolm Lubricator

6       6       November        1984    Locomotive      Malcolm Painting

6       6       November        1984    Locomotive      Malcolm Valve Gear

6       7       December        1984    Locomotive      Malcolm Boiler

6       8       January 1985    Locomotive      Malcolm Boiler

6       9       February        1985    Locomotive      Malcolm Smokebox
Running Boards

6       10      March   1985    Locomotive      Malcolm Water Tanks and
Cab

6       11      April   1985    Locomotive      Malcolm Brake Gear

6       12      May     1985    Locomotive      Malcolm Lubricator and
Boiler Fittings

6       12      May     1985    Locomotive      Malcolm Water Pumps Brakes

7       1       June    1985    Locomotive      Malcolm