[modeleng] Re: Cycle speedometer

  • From: "Clif Walker" <clif.gwr@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2005 19:22:00 +0100

Hi Peter and All,

It's all right for you but civilisaton and Wilkinsons stop at Plymouth.

I was lucky once and got a Cycle Speedo which actually went down to 4" dia
wheels. It must have been a funny bike.

Since then so that I can use the normal speedo's available which start at
about 16" wheels I have had to use a little gearbox to drive the magnet
around.
 As there is no real force involved,  I find that a friction drive from one
of the axles is sufficient and simply have a rubber faced wheel about 2" dia
driven from a 1/2" axle to give the required reduction.

Regards

Clif