[modeleng] Re: Cleaning Chucks

  • From: "JESSE LIVINGSTON" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 08:44:10 -0500

 Hi Jesse
> Strangely enough my lathe is also fitted with the same non-kosher,
left-handed braking system - highly efficient!

> Cheers!    From Hubert in Sunny St Albans

Hubert,

I adopted the manual braking because of the many small items I make for
Dixie Gun Works in Union City.  Usually short run items in diameters of less
than 3/8" and in 12L14 steel or brass.  At the speeds I run the lathe, it
takes too long for it to stop for reloading, so I help it out.  Also helps
me to locate that single chuck key hole quickly.

Jesse in no longer foggy, but hot and humid West Tennessee