[modeleng] Re: Cheddar models

  • From: <bede@xxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 20 Oct 2007 07:37:47 +0900

The fellow who now runs Cheddar Valley Steam is Woodruff's old boiler
maker- he did an Annie Boddie boiler for me back in the day, very nice
job.  I spoke with him about 18 months ago about another job I was
considering, but he had at least a one year backlog so I wound up going
with someone else (Mike Abbott).  Cheddar Valley are at:

http://www.cheddarvalleysteam.co.uk/photo_gallery.htm

And Mike Abbott is at:

http://www.maccsteam.com/index.html

Regards from Brooklyn, NY, BMcC.

On 10/19/2007, "Harry W. Wade" <hww@xxxxxxxx> wrote:

>Dave,
>       John Woodruff retired from business several years ago due to poor hea=
lth and has since passed on.  This where my memory gets a bit fuzzy, . . . II=
RC upon John's retirement the business was initailly acquired by a former emp=
loyee or associate and this did not work out, after which there was another s=
ale and the assets of the business, essentially the accumulated forms, were a=
cquired by one of the other UK boiler makers.  I recall Stuart Models as bein=
g one of them but I'm not certain of this.