[modeleng] Re: Char

  • From: "JESSE LIVINGSTON" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 22 May 2005 13:43:51 -0500

I like Peter's comment about firebox doors [:>) but seriously I doubt that
anyone in the modeling world uses anthracite coal.  I know the Lackawana RR
used it and touted it for its clean burning, but it takes a special (Wooten)
firebox to burn it successfully.  I don't think our typical small deep
fireboxes could handle anthracite since it burns best with a wide shallow
bed on the grates.

Lackawana's mascot, the immaculately garbed "Phoebe Snow" always wore her
pure white clothing on, "The road of anthracite".

> AndyA wrote:
> > Hi All
> > Where does anthracite fit in?
> >
> > Andy
>
> ......the tender or the firebox door :-)
>
> (Sorry, couldn't resist it!)
>
> Cheers
>
> Peter
>
> (Frustrated by very, very wet weather and hasn't played trains all
weekend!)