[modeleng] Re: Built like a battleship!

  • From: "Jesse Livingston" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 2 Dec 2007 06:01:04 -0600

Hubert,

Many thanks for the 'istory lesson on the Jodrell Bank tele-o-scope.  How
well do I remember Sputnik.  I carried my 35 mm folding camera (made in USSR
Occupied Germany) out to a field a few miles from town with the intention of
making a long exposure to get a shot at the tumbling booster rocket.
Opened the shutter and the danged thing broke so I missed the picture.
[:-(  .Yeah, I repaired it, a tiny spring had slipped orf its proper place
inside the blade type shutter inside the lens.

Jesse, the retarded machinist in Troy, TN