[modeleng] Re: Boiler descaling

  • From: "Jesse Livingston" <fernj1@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 8 Dec 2006 10:29:16 -0600

Food grade phosphoric acid is added to it as a preservative Al. It's used in
a lot of processed foods. TEL

Dave, if I correctly remember my high school Chemistry from 50+ years ago,
when water is mixed with Carbon Dioxide under pressure, as in the
manufacture of soft drinks, a weak solution of Carbonic Acid is formed, not
Phosphoric, which is some very mean stuff.

Al Messer

Gents,

You know that when you are driving in a light drizzly rain at night and  you
get that smeary oil film on your windscreen (windshield in USA)?  Well, just
pour a wee bit of Coca-Cola on the windshield and the acid (or something) in
the drink will remove the oily film in less than one second. It perks
werfectly for me or did the last time I used it, which when my car had no
windshield washer installed or reservoir was empty.

REDNECK