[modeleng] Re: Battery problems

  • From: "R.L. Roebuck" <rlr20@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2007 01:24:09 +0000 (GMT)

Hmmmm, if the charger has some kind of open/unsealed relay, then when it
opens it's contacts you'll get a spark.

Also if there was any kind of mechanical timer setup on the charger or any
other equipment in the room, the spark when it opened/closed it's contacts
could be enough to explode the hydrogen.

The other thing would be if the plates inside the battery had warped and
did something silly like touched together, or if some of the wiring git
hot, melted it's insulation and caused a short/spark.

Yours,

Rich.