[modeleng] Re: BA/ME Thread Query

  • From: "Alan Stepney" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 19 Dec 2006 04:46:34 -0000

There arent many threads in that size range.

7BA is 98 thou x 52.9tpi, and 8BA is 87 thou x 59.2 tpi. (Those all look
more sensible in metric!)
There was a pair of Whitworth instrument threads, of 90 thou and either 50
or 60 TPI, the Thyry upon which BA was based (but they are so close to BA
that they can be ignored), plus a Loewenhertz thread and possibly another,
but both the latter are used solely in watchmaking.

Alan Stepney

http://www.alanstepney.info
Model Engineering & steam engine information pages