[modeleng] AlanRe: Re: How B****** childish!

  • From: "Alan Stepney" <alan@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Apr 2008 13:37:40 +0100

It appears that the problem was in the server somehow.
All or most, of the sites using that host, or a server with them, also got
hacked.

It ws done at 6.45 this morning, and within a couple of hours, someone sent
me an email notifying me.
I promptly checked my machine for "nasties" then changed all my passwords.

I didnt think that anyone could have discovered my password, a 12 digit mix
of letters and numbers, but one never knows.

As it is off line, I will leave things for 24 hours for them to sort out the
problem.
Alan