[modeleng] Re: A new/old member

  • From: "Phill Smith" <steam@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 00:01:40 +0900

G'Day Alan,

I like solving problems, and your question is a nice easy one.

Actually, in the Southern hemisphere we coat all our wheels with a special
glue that never hardens. It just stays very sticky. This is how we keep our
trains on the track. We aren't supposed to tell people from the northern
hemisphere about this, as they may panic while riding on the trains. We have
had very few instances where the glue has failed. Most of our derailments
have occured when the glue coating has not been maintained properly, and
hence the train/wagons have left the track.

The glue is an ACME product, call "Track Glue". Check thier website for the
details.

I hope this solves your quandary.

Cheers,

Phill.