[modeleng] Re: 12" scale loco

  • From: "R.L. Roebuck" <rlr20@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2007 00:15:35 +0000 (GMT)

Guys, I can quite see that the comment was made in good humour, I just
think that the subject for the humour wasn't appropriate. I wouldn't make
that comment to a close French friend of mine, let alone on a discussion
group when there are many people out there that we don't know.

If a French person doesn't find it funny that there country was stormed
and hundreds of thousands of people were killed and they were forced to
wave a white flag to try then that is entirely their right.

In the same way, I wouldn't expect a Jewish person to find the Holocaust
funny.

Certainly Al, Tel, I wouldn't expect you to find the subject of a few
thousand people killed in the twin towers incident funny; and if someone
had made a remark on the subject that you found offensive, and you said
so, you really wouldn't want a chorus of people telling you to lighten up.

Now really - this is a a model engineering discussion group, and that is
surely mainly where we should stay. We are from all different countries
and so yes now and again we might tread on each others toes. But if it
does happen, let's listen and learn from it, rather than trying to make
excuses.

Yours,

Rich.