[modeleng] Re: 12" scale loco

  • From: "Dave Beaman" <davebeaman@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <modeleng@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 11 Nov 2007 20:56:35 -0000

"Flying Scotsman" is an engine that is not generally popular with real
enthusiasts (I said "generally" guys). I think because it gets a lot of
publicity and is very popular with the general public. You really need to
look at an LMS "Coronation Class" Pacific to see the pinnacle of British
locomotive design.
Just as a point, I think a fellow listee here and mysely would describe the
Flying Haggis as a piece of junk!!! Having fired it once, I never want to
fire it again. If my memory serves me correctly, a certain listee heres
relation used to drive out of Top Shed (Kings Cross ) and said it was the
worst of the lot!!! Perhaps spearmint or Kingfisher should have been renamed
and preserved!!!....

A Duchess still looks better than an A4 anyway!!!!