[mocaptoolbox] Some suggestions for mcplottimesseries

  • From: Alexander Refsum Jensenius <a.r.jensenius@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mocaptoolbox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Jan 2012 11:14:18 +0100

Hi and happy new year!

I am planning to use the toolbox in a course this semester, and am therefore going through the various functions to look for potential problems/questions that would come from the students.

First out is mcplottimesseries. I am not using this function so much myself, since I often create my own subplots instead. But I think this function is great for students. I think it would be even better if:

(1) instead of marker numbers there would be marker names for each of the subplots? I guess it is more tricky with the dimensions, since it may not be reasonable to assume that dimensions 1,2,3 are x,y,z respectively?

(2) it would be possible to add units on the axes, possibly as an option to the function. The X axis is easy (seconds or samples), but it may not be obvious that the Y axis is in mm? Unfortunately it doesn't seem like the various systems export which unit the data are recorded in, although I guess most systems would use mm for position?

Best,
Alexander