[mocaptoolbox] Re: Questions on using odd mocap data

  • From: Alexander Refsum Jensenius <a.r.jensenius@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mocaptoolbox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2011 11:47:17 +0200

Hi,

Thanks for rapid feedback, everyone.

"norm data" represents the
distance from the marker (in space) to the origin (without
direction), thus one column per marker.

Ah, I see. Btw: there is probably a typo in the manual, since it says "type: structure type ('MoCap data')" under norm on page 57?

If you data type is "MoCap data", the functions you call assume 3
columns per marker in the .data field. Therefore, it would be a good
idea to change your type field to "norm data", if your data has only
one column, so that the functions will use the parts for "norm data"
(if available). However, the problem with mccumdist is that the
current version of the function doesn't support norm data - but this
will be fixed for the next release.

Great, thanks. Another function that doesn't seem to work with norm structures is mcsmoothen.

Another question: since my data is coming from an audio file, I guess it could make sense to use the .analogdata field. However, I cannot find much info about how analog data data is treated or analysed in the toolbox. Did you implement anything for analog data? And, considering the great MIRToolbox, are there any plans for connections between the two toolboxes?

Best,
Alexander