[mocaptoolbox] Musical Gestures Toolbox for Matlab

  • From: Alexander Refsum Jensenius <a.r.jensenius@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mocaptoolbox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Oct 2018 20:24:29 +0200

Hi,

I am happy to announce the Musical Gestures Toolbox for Matlab, which was presented in the late-breaking demo session at ISMIR last week.

https://github.com/fourMs/

The Musical Gestures Toolbox for Matlab (MGT) aims at assisting music researchers with importing, preprocessing, analyzing, and visualizing video, audio, and motion capture data in a coherent manner within Matlab.

The MGT can be seen as a bridge between the Mocap Toolbox and the MIR Toolbox, as well as adding some video analysis features. It is much less polished than the two other toolboxes, but has reached a state of being useful for more people than myself.

I have run a couple of successful short introduction workshops using this tutorial:
https://alexarje.github.io/video-analysis-workshop/
which is probably the best place to start if you want to explore the toolbox yourself.

Please file bugs and comments on Github (https://github.com/fourMs/).

Best,
--
Alexander Refsum Jensenius, Ph.D.
Associate Professor, Department of Musicology, University of Oslo

Deputy Director, RITMO Centre for Interdisciplinary Studies in Rhythm, Time, and Motion
http://www.uio.no/ritmo/

New book: "A NIME Reader"
http://link.springer.com/book/10.1007/978-3-319-47214-0

New master's programme: "Music, Communication & Technology"
http://www.uio.no/mct-master/