Re: [MoAccess] S6 piano sample

  • From: Vince Mistretta <vmistretta1411@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: MoAccess@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 7 May 2010 12:38:32 -0400

I found something with the S70/S90XS which is not appealing.

On the motif xs you have Category search which changes the bank
buttons on top right to specific instrument category buttons and then
you can use A-H and 1-16 to select the voice you desire quickly.

On the S70/S90XS Category Search only works on the screen, well not
only there, but will use the A-H buttons as manin categories. but it's
not broken down as it is on the screen where thee are Main categories
and sub categories you can select from.  There are no bank buttons on
the S70/S90XS.  The banks are selected by using bank forward and back
buttons and the bank is shown in the screen.  There is the ability for
the forward and back buttons to wrap back to the beginning or the end
(first or last) bank, but this can be set only to move through banks
from beginning to end then backward by a master setting in the
software.  Not sure what the default is since I haven't found it in
the manual yet.

I'd rather have it the way the Motif is doing it since it's just a few
button presses once you know where the voice you want resides within a
category.

So, looks like the Motif XS is much better for us as being navigatable
for us where the S70/S90XS does require more use of the screen.  I am
finding more reference to the Category Search screen popping up when
you are in Performance Creation, Layer and Split for voice selections.
 It can be done by us, but it sounds like much more memorization on
this board just to get it completed on the fly.

For those wondering about the next version of Motif, beware, this may
be a precursor to it's new design.

On 5/6/10, Daniel R <djdan567@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I don't think they have it out. Not yet at least. The S70/90XS is
> still brand new. THey would lose money if they released it. They
> released the S700 piano waaaaay after the S90ES was released. And if
> you really wanted to sequence, but you're more of a performer, get
> thes70/90XS. You can still use software such as QWS to sequence. But
> if you want to do on board sequencing, you would have to get the XS.
>
> On 5/6/10, Vince Mistretta <vmistretta1411@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> Just a question, since I'm between buying a Motif XS and a S70/S90XS.
>>
>> Anyone know if that S6 piano sample on the S70/S90 XS is available for the
>> Motif XS?
>>
>> I really like the S70/S90XS from what I'm reading since it's layed out
>> more
>> for performing rather than music production, but there are some features
>> of
>> the Motif I really like.
>>
>> A plus on the S70/S90XS is that it has more User banks than the Motif XS
>> but
>> it doesn't play sample based or sample enhanced patches since there's no
>> sample memory only recording memory.
>>
>> I also like the keyboard 76 or 88 on the S70/S90XS for less than the XS8
>> with same type of keyboard.  It's even less than getting a Motif XS7 with
>> the synth keys.
>>
>> Anyone play a XS6 with an attached controller?
>>
>> Vince Mistretta
>> Cellular - 561-234-7631
>> Skype - vin5451 (email me to request Skype conversation)
>>

>> For links to all Motif info for blind owners, visit www.MoAccess.info.
>> To change your list options and view archives for the MoAccess list, visit
>> www.freelists.org/list/moaccess.
>>

> --
> Daniel C Romero
> Paterson New Jersey
>
> Cell Phone: 973-955-6955
> Studio/Office: 973-707-6844
> MSN messenger/E-mail:
> djdan567@xxxxxxxxx
> Aim: RadioDJ246
> Skype: radiodj246
> Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/djdan567
>
> For links to all Motif info for blind owners, visit www.MoAccess.info.
> To change your list options and view archives for the MoAccess list, visit
> www.freelists.org/list/moaccess.

--
Vince Mistretta
Call me at 561-234-7631
Skype Name: vin5451 (Please email me first)