[mmr] Re: some new email tracking mechanism?

  • From: order <order@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mmr@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 9 Oct 2019 19:29:19 -0800

So if you're running your own email server, rewrite the header on inbound email to remove that field.

rus

On 10/9/19 12:24 AM, Julian Koh (Redacted sender kohster for DMARC) wrote:

On Oct 8, 2019, at 22:48, happilyapoptic <afp548@xxxxxxxxx <mailto:afp548@xxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

Curious if the read receipt time lines up with when you transferred it to the server. Is it possible that moving the message to the server caused the entire message to be loaded?

Nope, it’s getting generated/sent right when I open a message with the Disposition-Notification-To: header set.  I ran some tests with sending myself mail from Google with D-N-T set.  Attaching the sent message along with the receipt message that was generated.

--
Julian Koh
kohster@xxxxxxx <mailto:kohster@xxxxxxx>