[mmfa_02cap] UW Prof. ex-patient willing to help

  • From: Julie Aldridge <julie_aldridge@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mmfa_02cap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 07:49:10 -0800 (PST)

See Below - start at the bottom:
Ron Woods is a UW professor and EC patient. He had surgery 4 years ago. He is
willing to be interviewed . I will e-mail Dr. Jobe for approval this weekend.
I still don't know Al Levensons Portland Schedule yet.  I will advise as soon
as I know.
Julie
 ALLeven98@xxxxxxx wrote:
In a message dated 1/23/03 10:28:59 AM, rewoods@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

<< Al:

Eight years! Congratulations. Are you still cycling? What's your business in
Seattle?

Happy to participate in the CD if that's useful. I'll try to reach your cell
phone but feel free to call me at the number noted below.

Personal background follows, in case this is relevant to the Portland
Institute students.

Thanks for your leadership with the Listserve. It does important work.

Ron Woods
206 722 7208

EC Background

DOB 10/10/38, Treatment at University of Washington
DX 3/9/99 Squamous T3N1M0, 6/28/99 Surgical Resection
Four cycles chemotherapy: 5FU & Cisplatin, 2 pre-op & 2 post-op
28 days radiation with pre-op chemo cycles.
Currently NED

Personal Background

Ronald Woods is an affiliate professor of US foreign policy at the Jackson
School of International Studies of the University of Washington--and a
frequent lecturer on international topics, including for the Washington
State Commission for the Humanities.

He retired in Seattle ten years ago after three decades in the United States
Foreign Service. His postings included Brussels, Oslo, Madrid, Strasbourg,
Paris, Rome and Cairo. His last assignment was as Deputy Ambassador at the
American Embassy in London from 1989 to 1992. He earlier served as staff
director for Secretary of State Henry Kissinger.

Mr. Woods is active with local non-profits concerned with international
affairs, notably as executive director of the Seattle World Affairs Council
from 1993 to 1996.

Subject: Re: EC Project
From: Ronald E Woods

julie_aldridge@xxxxxxxxx