[mmfa_02cap] Re: Can anyone help?

  • From: "Molly Stack" <mmstack@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mmfa_02cap@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Dec 2002 20:39:24 -0800

Chris...

Did a search for extensions in the help and support section of Windows XP (I assume you're using windows) and found this about associating an extention with a particular type of file:

To associate a file name extension with a file type

  1. Open Folder Options in Control Panel.
    • Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
    • Double-click Folder Options.
  2. On the File Types tab, click New.
  3. Type a new or existing file name extension, and then click Advanced.
  4. In Associated File Type,
    • Type or select New to create a file type to associate with the file name extension.

      -or-

    • Type or select a different file type to associate with the extension.

Notes

  • When you type a file extension in the Create New Extension dialog box, the Associated File Type list displays the file type that is associated with that extension. To select New, scroll to the top of the list.
  • For information about how to make modifications to the file type, click Related Topics.
  • To change the program that opens a file, on the File Types tab, under Registered file types, click the file type, and then click Change.

Related Topics

I don't know if this helps, hut I was thinking from here that your computer just might not know what to do with the file extension... It seems like it should stow whatever you downloaded and installed in the proper area but that's what Macs do (jab jab!) automatically! Just wondering, after downloading the extensions, did they come with an installer of any sort? I'm going to look at it from here right now and see if I can make heads or tails of the problem.

Molly