[mmc-users] Re: First Beta

  • From: Chris Norman <chris.norman2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mmc-users@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 09 Feb 2015 17:45:08 +0000

Hi,
You'd need to code some hotkeys to do that for you.

wx.WXK_NUMPAD_whatever is the ones. So, for example, entered from the command line, you could do:

/window.AddAccelerator(wx.ACCEL_NORMAL, wx.WXK_NUMPAD3, lambda event: world.send('se'))

That would send the command se when numpad 3 was pressed. For a more advanced system, do something like:

movementKeys = {
 '1': 'sw',
 '2': 's',
 '3': 'se',
 '4': 'w',
 '5': 'l',
 '6': 'e',
'7': 'nw',
'8': 'n',
'9': 'ne'
}

for k, c in movementKeys:
window.AddAccelerator(wx.ACCEL_NORMAL, getattr(wx, 'WXK_NUMPAD' + k), lambda event, dir = c: world.send(dir))

I've not tested that, but it should work.

Only thing to be aware when adding keys, is that they won't add if you create them when the world is opened, because the window object hasn't been created. The thing to do is to create them with a trigger. Something that loads nice and early.

On Miriani, I use the 'Username:' trigger.

Other thing, in your lambdas, or any functions for that matter, make sure to qualify everything properly. world.send, rather than just send. This is because although the command line does loads of stuff to make your life easier, Python doesn't do that natively, so you have to be a bit more explicit.

HTH,

On 09/02/2015 16:49, Graham Smith wrote:
HI,

How can I get my num pad to work for moving my char around please?

Also I cannot get log on automatically to work
{name};{password}

Graham
On 7 Feb 2015, at 11:57, Orin <orin8722@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hello everyone,
Did you not want to face is to blame. I did finally read the emails through the
answers to my questions.
I'm really enjoying his client so far, and if I can get the Mariani something
totally working, I will enjoy it even more.
I am also using voice dictation, so some words may be a bit out of place. I try
to correct when possible.

Sent from my iPhone

On Feb 6, 2015, at 6:21 PM, Semih Budak <budakwarm@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Chris rote, and I quote. Seems like you've not been reading the mails
Hi Joshua,
I assume you're meaning the Miriani soundpack for MMC?

Well then there should be a further option in the Options menu... I have
1. Select sound output (which you've already found).
2. World options
3. Clear Command Queue
4. Soundpack options.

Furthermore, you can right click the Bootcamp icon in the system tray
and toggle the use of function keys, a lot like you can do in system
preferences on OS X.

HTH,

----- Original Message ----- From: "Joshua Tubbs" <orin8722@xxxxxxxxx>