[misug] February 16 Michigan SAS Users Group Meeting

  • From: "Nancy B" <brucken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <misug@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 9 Feb 2017 02:10:45 -0500

Join us for our NEXT MEETING!

Date: February 16, 2017
Time: 2:00 - 4:30 PM
Place: Blue Cross Blue Shield of Michigan, Detroit Campus
          600 E Lafayette Blvd.
          Detroit, MI 48226

Please park in the visitor parking lot shown on the map (http://www.misug.org/uploads/8/1/9/1/8191072/bcbsm_campus_map.pdf). If that is full, you will be redirected to the Tower parking. Enter the Link Lobby at 600 E. Lafayette (http://www.misug.org/uploads/8/1/9/1/8191072/lobby_entrance.pdf) to obtain your visitor badge. Please bring a government-issued ID with you to the meeting.

Cost: FREE! However, we ask that you pre-register by sending an email to info@xxxxxxxxx by Sunday, February 12, as BCBSM security has requested a list of attendees in advance. Note that if you have already pre-registered, you do not need to do so again.

Agenda:

Latent Class Analysis Using PROC LCA - Patricia Berglund, University of Michigan

Translating MS Access Queries to SAS PROC SQL Queries - Barry DeCicco, Nissan Tech Center of North America

SAS Macro Programming with Efficiency in Mind: A Real Case Study - Lingqun Liu, University of Michigan

SAVE THE DATE!

MSUG will be hosting our annual 1-Day SAS conference on Thursday, June 8, 2017 at Schoolcraft College in Livonia. We'll provide a full
day of SAS presentations. In addition, we plan to offer pre- and post-conference training sessions during that week.

We are considering several possible topics for pre- and/or post-conference statistical training sessions, and would like your help with determining which ones to offer. Please go to https://umich.qualtrics.com/SE/?SID=SV_ahGRD9ZnafDIDbf and complete a short survey (1-2 minutes) by Monday, February 20.

CALL FOR PAPERS

We are recruiting speakers for the June 1-Day conference. If you have a topic that you would like to present, please send us the title and a short (1-2 paragraphs) abstract by March 17.

FEBRUARY ANN ARBOR ASA CHAPTER MEETING

At the February Ann Arbor Chapter ASA meeting, there will be a presentation by Walter Hill, Ph.D., Professor of Political Science, Coordinator, African and African Diaspora Studies, St, Mary's College of Maryland on:

The election of 2016: Do we know why Trump won?

Many observers were surprised to see Donald Trump win the presidency in November. The bulk of the forecasts were based on public opinion polls. I will review polls and some other models of elections. I will identify at least some of the features the forecasts missed.

See our Meetup page: https://www.meetup.com/Ann-Arbor-Chapter-of-the-American-Statistical-Association/events/237203836/