[missbirdphotos] Re: It's official! I'm going to Alaska

  • From: "Judy Howle" <howle@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <missbirdphotos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2012 20:04:30 -0500

I’m sorry I haven't replied to any posts lately but my best friend nearly died
last week with previously unknown heart disease because she hadn't been to a
Dr. in years. She was in CCU for 3 days. Thankfully she's much better and is
home now.

I am replying to all at once as I have looked at most of everyone's images and
enjoyed them very much!

Arthur Morris has a great eBook on bird photography.  I bought it when it first
came out a few years ago.  It tells and has pictures of how to set up for bird
photography in your yard and much, much more. It has been updated since I got
it. Here's the link:  https://store.birdsasart.com/shop/item.aspx?itemid=19

THE ART OF BIRD PHOTOGRAPHY II

The Art of Bird Photography II (on CD only) is the all-new continuation of the
How-To classic, "The Art of Bird Photography; The Complete Guide to
Professional Field Techniques."    One chapter covers all aspects of Digital
Photography and includes a section on understanding histograms.  It also
includes Artie’s digital workflow along with tons of great Photoshop tips.
Other chapters include "Equipment; What's New?,"  "Advanced Composition and
Image Design,"  "It Ain't Just Birds," "Exposure and Flash Simplified," and
"Advanced Sharpness Techniques & Creating Pleasing Blurs."  The
"Practicalities" chapter includes a detailed section on setting up your
backyard for bird photography as well as sections on photographing on safari
and on the tundra.  Each image in the book includes the all technical data and
is accompanied by the legendary educational captions that have made Artie’s
free on-line Bulletins so popular.  Most chapters will include one or more
galleries designed to illustrate and reinforce the principles covered in the
text.  There are two copies of the book on the CD.  Open the "Spreads" version
to best enjoy the beauty of the images and the layout and design.  Open the
"Single Pages" version for easy reading.

Judy Howle

Southern Exposures
http://southernexposure.zenfolio.com

Digital Photography Class; Resources for Photographers
http://digitalphotographyclass.net