[missbirdphotos] Hello!

  • From: "Judy Howle" <howle@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <missbirdphotos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 Mar 2012 14:04:19 -0600

I'm from Columbus in NE MS.  I'm sure many of you have seen some of my
photos on missbird postings.  I've been photographing birds since 2005 when
I got my Canon 100 - 400 mm lens.  I was using a Canon 20D. Today I use a
7D. My photos since late 2009 are at my Zenfolio site in my signature.  I
also have many general resources for photography and for Lightroom,
Photoshop and Elements. I teach photography classes for beginners locally
and I created the site for my students and have been adding to it for many
years.

Here's a couple of good resources for bird photographers:

 <http://www.lightstalking.com/why-birds-are-a-photography-favourite>
http://www.lightstalking.com/why-birds-are-a-photography-favourite

 <http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/index.php>
http://www.birdphotographers.net/forums/index.php  is an invaluable resource
for bird and nature photography with many forums with photography tips and
techniques as well as post-processing, and critique forums where you can see
amazing photography and have your images critiqued which is very helpful.
You have to register which is free, but you don't have to be a paid member.
I am a paid member as I believe in supporting the site and sometimes I like
to post more images than registrants can post, mainly in the Out of the Box
and Landscape forums. I don't do as much bird photography now as I used to,
but I did some last Monday that are here:
<http://southernexposure.zenfolio.com/birdswaterway>
http://southernexposure.zenfolio.com/birdswaterway

I suggest starting with the "eager to learn" critique forum unless you are
really good!  I don't have the high-end equipment that the guys on the avian
forum have so I don't post there.  The forum is co-owned by Arthur Morris,
world-renowned avian photographer and Canon Explorer of Light contract
photographer. His personal website is birdsasart.com and he has some books
and ebooks on bird photography and processing that are outstanding. His blog
<http://www.birdsasart-blog.com/> http://www.birdsasart-blog.com/  is very
informative also. See his books:
<https://store.birdsasart.com/shop/category.aspx?catid=32>
https://store.birdsasart.com/shop/category.aspx?catid=32

Judy Howle

Southern Exposures

http://southernexposure.zenfolio.com

Digital Photography Class; Resources for Photographers

http://digitalphotographyclass.net