[missbirdphotos] Re: Birding on Saturday

  • From: "Dance, Gayla" <dancegf@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "'missbirdphotos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <missbirdphotos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 12:14:54 -0600

Robert, I enjoyed your lengthy review of the Bigma.  I do have a question
though:  How was your camera gear stolen?  What a nightmare!

gayla

Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 06:49:29 -0800
From: larrypace64@xxxxxxxxx
To: missbirdphotos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Several of you have mentioned the Bigma.  What  are your thoughts on pros and
cons for this lens.  I think part of my problems have to do with lack of reach
with the 100-400. particularly on the smallest subjects.  I have to crop way
too much.

I am aware that most problems related to quality photos are related to poor
technique but equipment does matter especially in NATURE photography.

Does the Bigma allow autofocus when using tele-converters?

Larry