[missbird] Shorebirds-Ballentine, MS

  • From: Gene Knight <gsknight@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: missbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 2 Apr 2021 19:27:08 -0500

MISSBIRDERS,

Today I checked out Lower Lake Sardis and saw my FOS Caspian Terns-3. The adult alt pl Laughing Gull is also still present as well as A White Pelicans, Double-crested Cormorants, Ring-billed Gulls and Forster's Terns.
In the Ballantine area in Panola Co on Samuels Road I found a flooded field w/ducks and shorebirds. 2 A Golden-Plovers, Lesser Yellowlegs-25+, Least Sandpiper-45+, and 1,000+ Long-billed Dowitchers. Duck species were Gadwall, A Wigeon, Blue-winged Teal (several hundred), N Shoveler and Green-winged Teal. Leaving on Ballentine Road heading east I spotted a pair of Wild Turkeys.

Gene Knight
Oxford, MS
IMPORTANT ADDRESSES

Post message: missbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxx