[mirtoolbox] mirrms

  • From: Jonatan Røed <jonatanroed@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mirtoolbox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 12 May 2011 19:45:11 +0200

Greetings,

I have a question regarding the root-mean-square function in the MIR
toolbox.  The command "mirrms('filename')" produces the message "The RMS
energy related to the file filename is" followed by the rms value.  I'm
writing a script where I need to use the root-mean-square values of several
audio-files.  How do I store the rms value as a real number in a variable in
matlab, so that I can use it for further calculations?

Best,

Jonatan Røed
Master student, University of Oslo, Department of Musicology