[mirtoolbox] Re: mirchromagram with 'nbins' option

  • From: Olivier Lartillot <olartillot@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mirtoolbox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 3 May 2010 13:00:06 +0200

Dear Matt,

It was not possible so far to get the central frequency of each chroma. But I
just modified slightly mirchromagram. Unpack the enclosed file, and replace
your previous @mirchromagram subfolder with the new one, and restart Matlab.

Now you can do the following:

c = mirchromagram(..., 'Tuning', t)   % where t is the frequency associated to
chroma C
get(c, 'ChromaFreq')   % will give you the central frequency for each chroma
(in the unwrapped representation)

M McVicar kirjoitti 2.5.2010 kello 22.32:

> Dear list,
>
> when I call 'mirchromamgram' with the 'nbins' option (let's say I set
> nbins=3) which frequency bands are the resulting 12*3 dimensional feature
> in?

In your case, you should use 'Nbins', 12*3   (instead of 3)

> are they grouped like this:

> A4 + 2 thirds of a semitone +octaves
> A4 + third of a semitone +octaves
> standard A4, 440 Hz + octaves
>
> or is it symmetric, like this:

> A4 + third of a semitone +octaves
> standard A4, 440 Hz + octaves
> A4 - third of a semitone +octaves
>
> My problem is I have mis-tuned songs and I wish to use different reference
> tunings for some of them. As far as I know I can't call
>
> get(my_chromagram,'Frequency')
>
> as the octaves are being summed right? I hope this is clear despite my
> clumsy notation!
>
> Matt
> --
> Matt McVicar, Bristol Centre for Complexity Science
> mm4819@xxxxxxxxxx

Olivier