[mirtoolbox] Re: Vs: Re: Questions

  • From: Markus Eichhoff <eichhoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mirtoolbox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 15:31:14 +0200

Hello Olivier & Co.,

1. Yes, o.k., thank you, I will try it. Although "docked" sometimes means that the window itself doesn't open as a separate window. This I didn't mean. But I will try it to see what happens. And I will try Dmitri's version.

2. The hidden letters are normal letters, but not every letter is visible. But if I rotate the image they are visible. I use windows + matlab. I can send you the image that is displayed as an image. Then you can see.

Kind regards
Markus

Olivier Lartillot schrieb:
Hello Markus & Co.,

1. That would be great indeed to be able to automatically superpose
curves from different audio files using different colours. The problem
is that this would not work in general: for instance, if we compute now
a frame-decomposed chromagram using the 'frame' option, each data is
represented by a 2D fully coloured matrix, not suitable for
superposition. So either you follow Dmitry's advice for your particular
case, or you can also dock all your figures and use Matlab built-in
interface to align and compare your figures. For instance, to have all
figures always docked:
set(0,'DefaultFigureWindowStyle','docked') (This can be added to your startup.m)

2. I am not sure to understand what those "hidden" letters look like
exactly. Maybe it is a Matlab version or platform-related problem? The
figures in the manual were obtained using the Mac-version Matlab 7.5.
What is your configuration?

Kind regards,

Olivier

Дмитрий Лагода <asd.and.rizzo@xxxxxxxxx> 22.06.09 14:55 >>>
1. data1 = mirgetdata(mirchromagram('ceg_a3.wav'))data2 = mirgetdata(
mirchromagram('ks-A4.wav'))
You get matrixes which can be plotted manually.

2009/6/22 Markus Eichhoff <eichhoff@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>

Hello everyone,

during my work with the MIR Toolbox some questions have arised:

My questions:

1. Let's take "mirchromagram" as an example. I like to compare two
tones.
One played on an original music instrument (ceg_a3.wav), the other
built
by a physical model (ks-A4.wav). Now I like to compare their
chromagrams.
If I type mirchromagram('ceg_a3'), Matlab plots in a figure the
chromagram
of the original sound. If I then type mirchromagram('ks-A4') it plots
in s
SECOND figure window the second one.
How can I plot them together in ONE figure window, but with two
different
colours to make an optical separation? Normally I use "plot" and "hold
on"
to plot for examples two functions in one figure window, and something
like "-r" for red colour etc. But in the case of mirchromagram and
also
the other mir... commands hold on has no effect. What can I do?

2. Second question: If I type mirkeysom('...') then the map appears,
but
the letters are kind of hidden as if they are written from the
backside
onto the figure. If I rotate the figure (what makes no sense in that
case), then the letters appear on the "other side" of the figure. But
as
shown in the pdf manual they should appear direcly, isn't it? Is it a
bug
perhaps?

Thank you very much for your help!

Best regards