[mirtoolbox] Re: How can I get the attack times?

  • From: "Igor Vatolkin" <igor.vatolkin@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <mirtoolbox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Jan 2009 12:08:52 +0100

Hello Olivier,

thanks a lot, it seems to work! :)

Best regards,
Igor

Hello Igor,

Your strategy should work in principle. But there is a bug in version 1.1 of MIRtoolbox that induces this erroneous difference of size between your two vectors. It should work better in version 1.2 that I am preparing. There is a version apparently stable, that I can send to any voluntary beta tester. The official release should come in 2 or 3 weeks, once I'll finnish with the documentation update.

Now there is a simple way to get the start points of attack intervals:
get(a,'AttackPosUnit')

I will add this in the documentation.

All the best,

Olivier

Igor Vatolkin kirjoitti 22.1.2009 kello 18.28:

Hello,

I would like to extract the start points of attack intervals for further processing. If I run "a = mironsets ('music.wav','Attacks')", I see on the figure the attack intervals. But if I want to save the data in a text file, it becomes problematic. "mirgetdata(a)" gives me only the onset times. I've tried also the following:
--------
a = mironsets('music.wav','Attacks');
o = mirgetdata(a);

% get the lengths of attack intervals at first
att_lengths = mirattacktime(a);
att_lengths_data = mirgetdata(att_lengths);

% calculate the starting points of attack intervals
attack_times = o - att_lengths_data;
--------
But here the subtraction doesn't work since the number of onset times is not equal to the number of attack interval lengths!

Can you please give me a hint?

Thanks and best regards,
Igor