[mira_talk] Re: sff_extract problem and ssaha2 problem

  • From: Leonor Palmeira <mlpalmeira@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 27 May 2011 16:12:41 +0200

I suppose that 'sff_extract' is probably searching for 'ssaha2' but cannot find it. Could you tell us what this gives:

echo $PATH

Oh, and by the way, which 'mira' version do you have installed?

Leonor.

On 26/05/11 03:24, Juan Daniel Montenegro Cabrera wrote:
Dear all,
Sorry for repeating old threads, but I cannot access the mira-talk
archives for some reason.
I have an sff file of a standard 3Kb paired-end library.  When I try to
extract the fasta, qualities and xml, using sff_extract, I obtain the
following answer:

[ErroNo22]

I have used the standard linker sequence.  How could I solve this?

By the way, I have downloaded the ssaha2 binary from sanger trust (the
source code was not available) and I cannot run it.  I copied it to
/usr/local/bioinf/ssaha2/ but still cannot make it work.

I do not have that much experience in linux.  Please, tell what I am
doing wrong.  And how can I solve these issues.

Juan Montenegro

--
Leonor Palmeira, PhD

Phone: +32 4 366 42 69
Email: mlpalmeira AT ulg DOT ac DOT be
http://sites.google.com/site/leonorpalmeira

Immunology-Vaccinology, Bat. B43b
Faculty of Veterinary Medicine
Boulevard de Colonster, 20
University of Liege, B-4000 Liege (Sart-Tilman)
Belgium