[mira_talk] Re: scaffolded contigs

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 00:32:17 +0200

On Mittwoch 21 Juli 2010 Adnan Niazi wrote:
> [...]
> Yes, i will try it, but i am afraid as I read that convert project will
>  list the desired coverage contigs in multifasta format and it will not
>  insert N's between the contigs. For example: Zero coverage region b/w two
>  contigs is 200bp long, so there should be 200 N's  b/w contigs in fasta
>  file.

Well, I checked and found a few inconsistencies which came in over time. I've
upgraded and checked a couple of routines and the new convert_project should
do what you want. I don't have time to make a full release yet, but if you
want to play with it, here's the binary (x64):

  http://www.chevreux.org/tmp/convert_project.bz2

The following changes are important:

- when used on an assembly file with multiple strains (caf or maf),
  "convert_project -t fasta" now also creates files with combined output of
  all strains
- reversed default and meaning of '-u' in convert_project: per default filling
  of strain is off, can be switched on
- '-u' in convert_project now also fills the '@' "base" (which stands for "no
  coverage by this strain")
- '-v' in convert_project now works "per strain" and not "per total coverage"