[mira_talk] Re: scaffolded contigs

  • From: Peter <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 15:53:46 +0100

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 3:41 PM, Laurent MANCHON
<lmanchon@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> You're probably better off using MIRA's convert_project, but anyway...
>>
>> What version of Python are you on, and what version of Biopython?
>
> Python 2.3.4
> Biopython version 1.49

That makes sense, it was using generator expressions which were
added in Python 2.4. Also note that Biopython 1.50 was the last
release to support Python 2.3, and we are already starting to phase
out support for Python 2.4.

It should be possible to update the example to work on Python 2.3
with Biopython 1.49, but given you can just use Bastien's tool
convert_project I don't plan to do that. Sorry.

Peter