[mira_talk] Re: scaffolded contigs

  • From: Peter <peter@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 21 Jul 2010 15:08:34 +0100

On Wed, Jul 21, 2010 at 2:57 PM, Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Why program yourself if it's already present?
> Peter: convert_project also has "-v" as parameter ... is this what you wanted
> by parsing the ACE by hand?

When I original replied I nearly made a joke that Bastien had probably already
done this with an option I wasn't aware of. Yes, the -v options looks
like it would
be fine for doing CAF or MAF to FASTA with N masking (although if I read the
help text right, not ACE but that isn't a big deal).

Peter

P.S.

I think there is a minor omission in the help text from running
"convert_project -h",
the -f input format description does not mention MAF as an input (but this is
implied to be supported later in the text).