[mira_talk] Re: problem with miraSearchESTSNPs

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 12 Jun 2010 21:58:33 +0200

On Freitag 11 Juni 2010 Bastian Greshake wrote:
> i'm having some trouble while trying to run the snp-detection step2.
> I'll start the first step using:
>
> miraSearchESTSNPs
>                                       --fastq
>                                       --project=snpassembly
>                                       --job=denovo,normal,sanger,esps1
>                                       --noclipping=sanger
>

> This one works fine and it gives me corresponding output-files for step1.
>  Then i'm trying to run step2 to using:
>
>  miraSearchESTSNPs
>                                       --job=denovo,normal,sanger,esps2
>
> This step stops stating:
> > Fatal Error (may be due to problems of the input data):
> > "You did not specify any input sequences to be loaded."
> >
> > ->Thrown: void Assembly::loadSequenceData_new()
> >
> > ->Caught: main
>
> I can't see why this happens as it looks like i use the 2nd step like the
>  manual says. What could be the problem in here?

If in doubt, the manual is wrong :-)

I changed a couple of things lately and unfortunately didn't check everything
back in the manual, my bad.

Fortunately, the fix is easy: change
  miraSearchESTSNPs --job=denovo,normal,sanger,esps2

  miraSearchESTSNPs --job=denovo,normal,esps2

And similarly for step3.

I've fixed this in the current docs to be delivered with the next version.