[mira_talk] mira strain analysis caf files, and tracing the assemblies.

  • From: Robin Kramer <kodream@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Mar 2011 15:30:10 -0600

Hi Bastien,

I am trying to trace an assembled contig back through the strain analysis
pipeline.

When I convert the step3  assembly to an ace file and view it, I find a
contig that is supposedly from one of the strains, but when I look in the
corresponding strain's sequence and caf file in its step2 directory, I don't
find a contig with that name, though in the step2_straindata_in.txt the name
is there, and when I convert the step2_reads.caf to a fasta file, the contig
is there, but step2_reads.caf is incomplete, so I can't do much with it.

Is it possible to trace the reads in an assembly through the miraSearchEST
pipeline step1 through step3?

Sincerely yours,

Robin Kramer