[mira_talk] mira an assembly combiner?

  • From: Steven Robbens <steven.robbens@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 7 May 2013 06:35:11 +0000

Dear all,

I've done a targeted resequencing project of X targets in 20 different samples.
Per target and per sample, I performed first a mapping of all reads against the
target and second a de novo assembly of the mapped reads, using mira. No I want
(per target) to combine the 20 de novo assemblies into one, thereby creating a
kind of reference assembly.
My question: can I use mira to perform this second round of assembly, based on
an existing assembly rather than using individual reads? Can this be seen as a
kind of hybrid assembly? Or should I use tools like CAP3?

I'm currently using the development version of mira (3.9.15)

Thanks for the feedback,
Steven

The information contained in this e-mail is for the exclusive use of the
intended recipient(s) and may be confidential, proprietary, and/or
legally privileged.  Inadvertent disclosure of this message does not
constitute a waiver of any privilege.  If you receive this message in
error, please do not directly or indirectly use, print, copy, forward,
or disclose any part of this message.  Please also delete this e-mail
and all copies and notify the sender.  Thank you.

For alternate languages please go to http://bayerdisclaimer.bayerweb.com