[mira_talk] memory seetings

  • From: Charles Imbusch <charles@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 07 Dec 2009 11:09:41 +0100

Dear all,

recently I was running an EST assembly with MIRA and the
computer crashed. MIRA's last words ...

==============
Skim summary:
accepted: 593845227
possible: 846197766
permbans: 46674712

Hits chosen: 91677407

Localtime: Tue Nov 24 07:41:05 2009

Total megahubs: 0
System memory: 16869576704
Mem2keepfree: 1686957670
Used by MIRA: 19266621440
Mem avail: -4084002406
rsh not increased.
Can load up to 77478792 skim edges at once.
We have 88686317 skims in file.
Localtime: Tue Nov 24 07:41:46 2009
De-normalising SKIM hits ... (this will take a while)

To me it seems that MIRA ran out of memory. Two questions I have in mind:
1) is it possible to tell MIRA to terminate if it recognizes, that it's running out of memory? So it would not disturb any other running processes on that machine.
2) it it possible to tell MIRA to work with a certain amount of memory?

Thanks in advance,
 Charles