[mira_talk] convert_project error

  • From: "Reiff, Caroline" <caroline.reiff@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Jul 2010 10:31:33 +0100

Hi,
I have done an assembly with MIRA and I tried both accurate and normal mapping
assembly, both resulted in good assembly:
mira --fastq --project=data --job=mapping,genome,accurate,solexa
-SB:lsd=yes:bsn=Myco_t_KZN1435:bft=gbf
mira --fastq --project=data --job=mapping,genome,solexa
-SB:lsd=yes:bsn=Myco_t_KZN1435:bft=gbf

I then wanted to use the convert_project function. For some reason
convert_project throws and error stating that the sequence and quality are not
the same length (I already posted this problem). I have now looked at the caf
file and sequence and quality are actually the same length but I noticed in the
caf file that MIRA inserted an n at the start of each sequence and a 0 at the
start of each sequence quality and wonder if this is normal or if this is a bug
in MIRA or more likely something to do with my input sequences?

Thanks Caroline

Caroline Reiff
Next Generation Sequencing Bioinformatician
Aberdeen University
School of Medicine & Dentistry,
Division of Applied Medicine
Polwarth Building Room 2:028