[mira_talk] Re: caf2gap

  • From: Nestor Zaburannyi <nestor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Brian Forde <mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 13 Sep 2011 10:32:18 +0200

Title: Re: [mira_talk] caf2gap
Dear Brian,

I tried to contact the authors of caftools, but unsuccessfully. Another person somehow close to the authors said that it will unlikely ever be fixed.
You know, of course, that gap5 can handle *.ace files almost directly? I see no other way around it.

Sincerely yours
Nestor

Hello All,

I know that this error has probably surfaced many times but I wonder does anyone have a solution for it. I have done a basic solexa mapping assembly mira and used only enough reads for 100X coverage (CO:msr=yes). However, no matter how few read I use I continuously get the same caf2gap error

!! FATAL ERROR: system error 12 Cannot allocate memory
!! Memory allocation failure when requesting -2147483648 bytes
Aborted

I know that this is an issue with caftools but does anyone have a solution

regards

Brian

--
З повагою,
 Nestor                            mailto:nestor@xxxxxxxxxxxxx -- You have received this mail because you are subscribed to the mira_talk mailing list. For information on how to subscribe or unsubscribe, please visit http://www.chevreux.org/mira_mailinglists.html