[mira_talk] Re: What is this referring to?

  • From: "Bastien Chevreux" <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 5 May 2011 12:24:36 +0200 (MEST)

> From: David Haase
>> Ganga Jeena  <ganga.jeena@xxxxxxxxx> hat geschrieben:
>>"Read rr_####2568#### is longer than MAXREADSIZEALLOWED (29900) bases. Skim
>>cannot handle than, sorry."
>>makes it seem as if there are still few contigs with size > 29900. checkout
>>for the same and split again.
> Longest Sanger: 10000
> So contigs greater than the threshold cannot really be the reason, right?

Indeed, that is not the reason. Rob stumbled across a small bug which, by
coincidence, also came across very recently (two days ago).

Possible solutions:
1) have the reads you map be 9900 bases max, and not 10000
2) wait for the next release on SourceForge (probably next week)
3) if you want, mail me and I'll send you a link to get the current development
head of MIRA where the bug has bee fixed

Terribly sorry for the inconvenience.