[mira_talk] Re: Using paired-end sanger data

  • From: Saravanaraj Ayyampalayam <raj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 29 Sep 2009 15:32:42 -0400

Thanks everybody.

I will try re-naming the reads with the f and r naming scheme.
This data was generated in our university genome center and use their own naming system.

Thanks.
-Raj

Chris Taylor wrote:
Raj, the "fr" is what I have done in the past. You should see in the log whether MIRA recognizes the mate.

On Tue, Sep 29, 2009 at 12:54 PM, Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx <mailto:bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>> wrote:

    On Dienstag 29 September 2009 Lionel Guy wrote:
    > You need to indicate them in the .xml file that contains
    clipping and
    > paired-end data (like the NCBI traceinfo file). There is an
    example in
    > the mira folder, in minidemo/data/bbdataset1/
    > cjejuni_demo_in.sanger.xml. The important fields for paired-end data
    > are insert_stdev, insert_size, template_id and trace_end. To have a
    > more minimalistic example, have a look at this:

    There is actually a simpler way IF AND ONLY IF you are using one
    library size:

    set the minimum insert size in MIRA via
    "-GE:tismin=...:tismax=..." and then
    tell MIRA the read naming scheme via -LR:rns=...

    > The paired-end reads are already named with .b1 and .g1 to
    indicate pairs.
    > e.g. >aspbac55b1_1_A01_C001.b1 and >aspbac55b1_1_A01_C001.g1

    That's a problem ... I don't recognize the naming scheme. It's not
    from the
    Sanger Centre, TIGR, St.Louis ... or is it?

    If everything else fails: rename the reads quickly, replacing the
    "b" by a "f"
    and the "g" by a "r" and then use the forward/reverse naming
    scheme of MIRA.

    Ie.:
    >aspbac55b1_1_A01_C001.f1
    and
    >aspbac55b1_1_A01_C001.r1

    and "-LR:rns=fr"

    That should do the trick.

    You have received this mail because you are subscribed to the