[mira_talk] Re: Trouble building Mira 3.2.0

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2011 23:01:24 +0100

On Monday 07 March 2011 18:23:37 Scott Michael wrote:
> Sorry to reply to my own thread, but I seem to have solved the problem.

Well, those are the best posts, really :-)

> Even though I had a current version of flex installed and in my path, the
> include was picking up the system version in /usr/include. So the header
> files were from flex 2.5.4 and didn't have all of the function
> definitions. Adding
> -I/N/soft/linux-rhel4-x86_64/mira-3.2.1/flex-2.5.35/include/ to the
> CPPFLAGS to point at my installed version of flex seemed to have fixed
> things.

flex has been a constant hassle in the past few years on some systems,
especially older ones, I don't know why. I rechecked the autoconf scripts and
they just follow every guideline I could find on the net.

I simply hope that the problem will slowly fade out of existence as flex 2.5.4
will go the way of the dodo over time. In the mean time, thanks for your post
... Google will make sure it is remembered in case other people have the same
problem.

> On a related note I also needed
> -I/N/soft/linux-rhel4-x86_64/mira-3.2.1/expat-2.0.1/include/ in my CPPFLAGS
> even though I had set --with-expat. It seems the --with-expat flag doesn't
> add the include directory along with the bin and lib directoriesŠ

Yup, you found a bug. I commented out the takeover from the expat check values
into the main CFLAGS, CXXFLAGS and LDFLAGS ... I have no idea why. Fixed and
will be rolled out in the next version. Thanks for that one.