[mira_talk] Re: Too many rep_c?

  • From: Thomas.Mueller@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 08:31:57 +0200

Thank you, Bastien!

The first part of the answer was the one I expected ;)

But I will try your suggestions!!

Zitat von Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>:

On Donnerstag 22 Juli 2010 Thomas Müller wrote:
Is the number of rep_c I receive too high for a cDNA library?

This question cannot be answered ... it's like: "Are there too many clouds in
the sky?"

Well, sometimes yes, sometimes no. Depends :-) But cannot be answered from
afar.

Have I made a mistake in the mira call (see below)?
mira --project=nnn -job=denovo,454,est,normal --notraceinfo -SK:not=10
 -AS:urd=no -OUT:rld=yes -AS:sd=no -CO:asir=yes 454_SETTINGS -LR:mxti=no
 -CL:qc=no -CL:cpat=no -AS:epoq=no -AL:mrs=90 -CO:rodirs=10 -SK:pr=80
 -AS:mrl=50 -AL:mo=20 -FN:fai=nnn.fasta -FN:fqui=nnn.qual

Looks pretty good. -CO:asir will lead to clustering of homologues/paralogues.
In that case I would perhaps also try more stringent rules (-AL:mrs=95 -
CO:rodirs=5), though this will lead to even more contigs.

You may also be interested in trying miraSearchESTSNPs separately on each
strain and use the results from step3 to do your analysis.

Also try miraSearchESTSNPs with both strains at once :-)

Thomas Müller
Crop Plant Biodiversity and Breeding Informatics Group (350b)
Institute of Plant Breeding, Seed Science and Population Genetics
University of Hohenheim
Fruwirthstrasse 21
D-70599 Stuttgart
Phone: +49-711-459 24293