[mira_talk] Re: Skim hits error

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2010 21:57:41 +0200

On Donnerstag 23 September 2010 Shabhonam Caim (TGAC) wrote:
> Assembly with 1 Lane of Illumina ~32 million reads
> About 1.5 million 454 reads

Hello Shab,

I fear that this will be one of the projects where MIRA has to capitulate. You
are operating at the border of what MIRA can theoretically handle ... and
crossed it.

> Expected genome size ~150 Mb
> Having to write log files to NFS drive

That is ... bad.

> I did try the miramem and I got the memory estimate around 80Gb, but its
>  utilising over 200Gb of memory.

Can you please send me the whole log file? I'd like to know where the memory
goes.

> Here is the latest error message from MIRA.
> [...]
> "More than 2^31 skim hits would be taken ... this was not foreseen yet.
>  Please contact the author."

That's the boundary the project crosses. I'm working on something to alleviate
this problem, but it will take some time before I can roll that out, I first
have a bug fix version on my list.

Best,