[mira_talk] Re: "Simple" assembly: contigs and reads from closing PCRs

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 21 Aug 2011 18:32:11 +0200

On Sunday 21 August 2011 17:30:18 Robel Hailu Wolde wrote:
> I was doing a mira denovo assembly for solexa assembly and after 3 days of
> running , I just got an error message while it was searching for overlaps.

Hello Robel,

please do not hijack a running thread by changing to a topic which has nothing
to do with the initial subject, open a new one so that readers can easily
decide whether the thread is interesting to them or not.

Additionally: sending error reports via a screenshot is ... unusual at best.
Next time please send as text :-)

That being said: the error message printed out by MIRA says this:

  "Could not write anymore to skimhit save5. Disk full? Changed permissions?"

So I would guess you ran out of disk space (be it physical or via quota).

As you have neither sent the full log nor given more specific information
regarding the organism or the number of reads you are assembling I cannot help
you more. But I somehow have the feeling you have a wildly overcovered project
there.