[mira_talk] Re: Selecting best contigs...

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2009 21:16:44 +0100

On Freitag 04 Dezember 2009 Andrzej N wrote:
> Large contigs:
> --------------
> With    Contig size        >= 500
>     AND (Total avg. Cov    >= 29
>          OR Cov(san)    >= 0
>          OR Cov(454)    >= 27
>          OR Cov(sxa)    >= 0
>          OR Cov(sid)    >= 0
>         )
>
>   Length assessment:
>   ------------------
>   Number of contigs:    169
> [...]

> I would like to choose ONLY this 169 contigs to work on it in GAP4. I know
> how to choose contigs based on size, but how can I get this 169 contigs in
> ONE file?

MIRA chose minimum length of 500 bases and a minimum average coverage of 27 to
say that a contig is 'large'.

To extract those reads from the CAF (or MAF) file, use convert_project with:

convert_project -f caf -t caf -x 500 -y 27 input.caf output

and then you can use "output.caf" with caf2gap to get those contigs into gap4.

Except when choosing EXP format as output (-t exp), the result will always be
in one file.

> There 894 coverage, this is because there are repeats which pile up on each
> other, is there any option to "stop" MIRA of doing it?

Hmmm, -AS:ard should've take care of that. Will need to check.