[mira_talk] Scaffolding MIRA results with BAMBUS: a primer

  • From: Bastien Chevreux <bach@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: mira_talk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Sep 2009 00:16:16 +0200

Dear all,

Gregory Harhay from the USDA has written an excellent primer on how he uses
BAMBUS to scaffold MIRA results. I'll distribute it along the next releases,
in the mean time you can find it in the online "Manuals" section on the MIRA
website:
   http://www.chevreux.org/mira_manuals.html

He shows an example for how to do it with a 25kb paired-end library. Adapting
to other library sizes or for projects with different library sizes should be
doable with a bit of reading manuals (MIRA & BAMBUS) :-)

This is the first third-party documentation received (yay!) and I'd like to
thank Greg wholeheartedly for this as I know it'll help out a few people.

Best,
  Bastien

PS: In other news, the final release of MIRA 3 is being delayed by something I
don't know whether it's a true memory leak or memory fragmentation eating up
available memory. The joys of millions of reads ... *sigh*